Monday, December 10, 2007

city hall lights


this is the brasov city hall . and it's decorated for the festive holiday season . the centre of the old town looks a lot better at night with all the lights and this year they did a good job (better than before anyway) . for the next few days i will post only night shots with different places in the old town so you can have an idea about how a walking tour of the city lights would be like . the nice decorations are in the council square ; republic's street ; city hall ; county council ; central park ; heroes's street ; muresenilor street .
enjoy !

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Those lights hanging down are beautiful!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very pretty--I like the way the lights look like lit-up icicles. NICE!

Jim Klenke said...

They look like curtains made of lights, pretty neat looking.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

What a wonderful effect those curtains of light create! I'm SO looking forward to seeing the rest of this night tour of the Old Town. :)

smilnsigh said...

Magnificent Holiday Lighting display! And you have captured it, wonderfully!

I love night shots. Love to see lights at night. And these Holiday Lighting displays are 'the best.'

Old Town photos... I'm sure I'd love all/any of these. Because I love preservation. But I'm sure, that lit up like this, it is even more of a treat to see.

If I had a "Magic Carpet," I would travel and see every bit of Old-Town-type preserved areas, in the world! What a lovely dream! -happy sigh-

Mari-Nanci

Gwen said...

The lighting is spectacular in the city hall, and the evening light still details the building facades. Looking forward to the walking tour.:)

Lara said...

great! need to see that too :). soon I'll have some photos from Brasov too. the snow in Vienna is gone now... looking forward for the new one :).

Anonymous said...

The lightings are beautiful.
I wish I was there.

Alex
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Jackie
Glasgow Daily Photo