Monday, December 1, 2008

national day



today is the national day of romania ... so , happy anniversary romania !

in brasov we had a special event , a religious ceremony for the relics of st andrew which are for the first time in brasov . st andrew is the patron saint of romania (and from what i know from jackie , of scotland also) , yesterday was st andrew's day , today is romania's national day ... so , you know ... hehehe

and a military parade in the morning

and fireworks in the evening

this is the church (st michael and gabriel) were they keep the relics until december 5th .

2 comments:

Fio said...

Your photos tell a story about your city in a simple, but interensting way. I love it!
Greetings from Poland :)

Anonymous said...

I'd forgotten St Andrew was the patron saint of Romania as well. I remember now being told that by a guide in the ethnographic museum in Gura Humorului - which is a lovely little museum that hardly anybody visits; I was the only visitor I think!