Wednesday, November 28, 2007

a different hill

a new hotel and residential development on a hilltop . it's gonna look great , the only problem is that they had to cut a lot of trees . although brasov is surrounded by mountains and forests , inside the city there are not enough trees . i really admire places like singapore because is so green with lots of trees and flowers . in the picture you can see an aeronautical supervisor dressed like a pigeon who is checking out the construction site .

i have to apologize to all of you because i couldn't visit any blogs , leave any comments or reply to your comments . it's not about finding time is about the connection . for the past 2 days i can't connect long enough to do anything . i hope i can post this entry , if i'm lucky . i'm sorry and see you soon .

7 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I bet this place is going to be great looking. This is a great winter picture.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

That's going to be lovely and very expensive, too, I'm sure. Your photo is beautiful, I especially like the way you captured that dove. Lovely.

I hope the Internet hiccups go away soon. :)

Wayne said...

Yo RO! No need to apologize, I'm sure we all missed you, but I am also sure we all understand! Cool pics today and yesteday. Neat jazz... and wow, you got them to move the cranes just so, eh? to frame your shot? Nicely done. I agree with you about trees. I am a real tree nut, and I hate to see them cut down.
Thanks
Wayne

Isadora said...

Loved the picture of yesterday too. Wonderful light and the sidewalk.

On the construction, I remember seeing the bird then you've mentioned the engineer being dressed like a pigeon and I thought 'surely not him flying' Well, it is early.

Romania is probably having the internet problems Hungary was when I arrived. We finally graduated to cable, but not only was it unreliable but incredibly expensive by the minute charges on the phone. Good luck.

Urang Awak said...

Hi RO! I really enjoy to browse on your page and read your commentary (or stories) of each picture. Thanks for sharing your beautiful city and yourlove-hate relationship with it :p
For sure, I am gonna add your link in my page, Geez I am glad that you like Asian food, My home door is opened for you to taste another Indonesia dishes HEHE Cheers!

Gwen said...

I too like greenery and trees, keeping natural landscapes around buildings.

Anonymous said...

Too bad they had to cut down the trees - I hope they plant more nearer the city.

Hope your internet/phone line hassles get sorted out soon! (till the next time ...!)