Monday, December 17, 2007

stalls




in the council square you can find a dozen stalls to keep you busy while the kids are playing or if you're bored of looking at the christmas tree . you can find souvenirs , hot wine (4 stalls - hahaha) , kurtos kalac , gingerbread , chocolate .
the dolls are great and would be a nice present , for christmas or otherwise . they have different national costumes from several countries . you can see also the post on lara's blog from when she visited brasov click here
a traditional drink for this cold times is hot wine , boiled with spices (sugar , cinnamon ,clove , bay leaf , black pepper) , it's very aromatic and warming . a small cup like that is aprox $0.95 or 0.65 euros .
kurtos kalac is traditional hungarian but quite popular here also and is a roll from sweet dough covered with different crusts . the big one is aprox $3.25 or 2.3 euros .

12 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I think I would like Christmas time in the square.

Marcel said...

It looks like a great place to experience Christmas.

Great photos on your blog. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Very interesting. Thanks for visiting my blog.


Alex
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Wayne said...

RO, very cool photography. And wow, what a lot of people out enjoying it all. Oh, and that kurtos kalac has me wanting some yummy treats in a big way. They look incredible. The same goes for your pictures of the last several days. Very well done. I am enjoying spending the Holidays in Brasov!

Lara said...

yummieeeeeeeeee! kurtos is one of my favourites, to go along with the hot wine :). good to see the dolls again, in a wider perspective!

Gwen said...

Kurtos kalac and hot wine! I learn much about new (to me) food traditions on your blog. :)

smilnsigh said...

Wonderful!!!

I'll have some hot wine and a doll dressed in red and one in pink, please. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Daniel J Santos said...

wonderful, thats a place were I lose myself in buying things.

marley said...

The stalls all look warm and inviting, especially the ones with wine! Nice collection of photos.

Susan said...

Your city has put a lot of effort into the christmas decorations and lights. Very pretty. I loved the blue lights under the snow.

kostas said...

Merry Christmas.
Regards from Thessaloniki.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. I love that warmed wine (we call it mulled wine here, though if our Christmas markets are trying to be upmarket they call it gluhwein after the German - but it's exactly the same!). I'd better stay off the sweets though - too fattening!

Jackie
Glasgow Daily Photo